- Minot ND Hotels: Grand Hotel Review Grand Hotel Review: Minot ND Hotels with Flair By Jan Ashby I very much enjoyed my stay at the Grand Hotel of Minot. If you or your family is traveling and you pass through the Minot area (western ND), I highly recommend it. Why? Well,…
- ND Motels: A Variety of Choices in Bismarck ND Motels Review for Bismarck North Dakota Hey, today I want to provide you a bit of information for motels in the Bismarck area. This is information about motels or hotels in the Bismarck area - the capital of North Dakota. First up : BISMARCK MOTOR INN Address: 2301…
- Professional Staff and European Flair Noble Inn: A European Style Hotel with Friendly Staff By Jan Ashby Location: 1009 20th Avenue Southeast, Minot ND 58701 CHECK IN TIME: 3 PM CHECK OUT: 12 NOON Today I'd like to tell you about a nice inn I found, quite by accident. It has charm and a…
- Mainstay Suites in Fargo ND Pet Friendly Hotels in Fargo, North Dakota: Mainstay Suites by JAN ASHBY 1901 44th Street SW, Fargo, ND, 58103 Phone: (701) 277-4627 Fax: (701) 356-0733 I have much to SHARE with you today - You'll certainly learn more about MAINSTAY SUITES in Fargo, North Dakota than you expected…
- Super 8 Motels: Airport Super 8 Suite in Fargo ND.. ND Motels - Features at The Airport Super 8 By Jan Ashby My Stay in a Quiet ND Motel: Near Airport, Decent Parking, Restaurant Nearby Super 8 Fargo Airport 1101 38th St NW, Exit 66 Off Of I-29, Fargo, ND 58102 (855) 261-1567 You may wonder if I…
- Super 8 Motels: My Stay in Williston ND ND Motels: Super 8 Motel Review By Jan Ashby Hey y'all. You may be wondering, what the heck can Jan (that's me) divulge about a motel in Williston, ND? Well, I am going to give you the basics - the level of cleanliness, the motel staff's friendliness (or lack thereof), and…
Super 8 Motels: My Stay in Williston ND
ND Motels: Super 8 Motel Review
By Jan Ashby
Hey y’all. You may be wondering, what the heck can Jan (that’s me) divulge about a motel in Williston, ND? Well, I am going to give you the basics – the level of cleanliness, the motel staff’s friendliness (or lack thereof), and location in respect to restaurants, gas stations, & retail stores.
Speaking of stores, there is a Walmart within a mile – so that should help, in case you forgot to pack yourself a toothbrush! As to restaurants, there are a TON nearby (I am not exaggerating). There’s a Subway, a Pizza Hut, a McDonalds, and even a nice “sit-down” restaurant that has recently undergone a major renovation; it’s the restaurant inside El Rancho Hotel … and it now boasts a nice plush interior with a lounge and a new bull-riding machine.
Notes on Cleanliness and the Bathroom at Super 8
Regarding the room I stayed in – the motel’s bathroom had a new countertop and was in very good condition. The number of clean towels and washcloths astounded me (especially for just 1 person – me) – yet I would have liked a bigger piece of SOAP – geez, the soap is so tiny you can barely SEE it ! My advice – bring your own bar of soap, or purchase one at Walmart
The tub is a pretty good size – and I liked the severity of spray that came out of the shower head. It felt nice on my neck – sort of like a massage. The tub was very clean, btw.
Since I stayed in a Super 8 suite/motel room, I can comment on extra amenities. First of all, there is a sink and mini-frig – and LOTS of counter space! If you are one who likes to spread out a bit, then you may appreciate this. There are a number of cupboards – about 6 or 7, to put your “stuff” away.
MODERN MICROWAVE OVEN
There is a modern microwave – not some old, outdated model. Noticed it did a good job on popcorn, and for heating my coffee up . Overall, the kitchenette area gets an “A” for cleanliness and functionality. The coffee that is provided (if you stay in a suite) is better than the stuff a Motel 6 would feature (a grade up from that) – but not as premium as say, Starbucks, Dunkin’ Donuts, or Green Mtn.
The television was a nice size, as well, The picture was crisp and clear (and since my middle-age eyes grow weary from typing on the computer), I definitely can appreciate a non-fuzzy picture.
The entire kitchenette area consists of a lounging area with sofa, the kitchen itself, a small “dining” table, cabinets, microwave, frig & coffee pot. Carpet was decent (new) and clean. *Note that a small breakfast is provided (with fruit, cereal, fruit juices, muffin/donut/toast).
It normally begins by 6:30 a.m. and completes by 10 a.m.
I think because this motel is in western ND, which is in the midst of an oil boom, care has been taken to make sure it is “up-to-date”.
The floor in the bathroom was cold – and I didn’t notice a wall heater – so you should pack a small portable heater if you like it cozy.
The pillows are also nothing special (they’re ok, yet not as plump as I like mine to be) – so you may wish to bring your own from home.
There are always ways you can make a hotel/motel room feel more luxurious. You can make use of “aromatherapy” and bring your oil and diffuser along. This isn’t a bad idea – particularly in North Dakota in the wintertime.
A little patchouli oil, lemon, or eucalyptus – did ya know that you can nab these at the local Walmart? Yep, I’ve been in the department that sells diffusers, & have seen a variety of oils!
So if you’re feeling bluesy when you head out the door for travel, why not bring some patchouli oil – it helps combat depression and anxiety. Lemon is also calming, and has a bunch of benefits such as helping with insomnia.
P.S. I said I’d tell you about staff – they left me alone when I put sign on the door, & were useful when I needed an extra towel or pillow – actually one of the employees even assisted me in jump-starting my car – now that’s pretty good service.
Hope you found my review useful – and if you really want a quiet, luxurious place to stay in Williston – I would suggest the Candlewood Suites or the Marquis Plaza & Suites. If you need to be picked up from the airport, then go with Grand Williston Hotel.
For a bit more comfort, stay at Hampton Inn – it’s rated #2 of all accommodations in Williston – read reviews HERE. People say the rooms are spotless, the beds comfy, and the staff friendly – one individual said they allowed her a “late check-out”.
Nearby Gas Station: Simonson Gas Station; 1409 2nd Ave West; Williston ND
Nearby Restaurants: Subway, McDonalds and El Rancho Motel – this is a ‘sit-down’ restaurant and is located at: 1623 2nd Ave W – Williston, North Dakota 58801. Phone: 701-572-6321
Downtown Williston has a JC Penneys Department store at : 403 Main St, Williston, ND 58801
Extras in Room: Iron, Hair Dryer, Free High-Speed Internet. Pets are allowed*
Other ND Motel Reviews and Articles